Andrew Schmitt was the featured speaker on an investor call hosted by Troy Jensen of Piper Jaffray on February 21st. Forty-four participants listened in and posed their questions as Andrew gave his perspective on the latest events in the optical component and equipment market.
Topics during the call included:
- Anticipated impact of China’s MIIT plan on existing component suppliers
- The divergence in Chinese equipment revenue and supply chain
- The market outlook for ROADMs in 2018
- The 400G+ Coherent DSP and component outlook
- The evolution of the CFP2-ACO and DCO market
- Analysis of equipment companies outsourcing DSPs
- Update on Inphi’s ColorZ, modulator driver, and PAM-4 business
- Infinera’s market opportunity with the CX2 and ICE4 based products
- North American CapEx in 2018 and optical equipment forecast
- Ciena’s 400G market monopoly in 2018
Active Insight clients can access a summary of the key takeaways, a written transcript, an audio replay, and participate in Q&A.
Requires Optical Active Insight subscription