Andrew Schmitt gave an update on the optical equipment and component market during an investor call hosted by Troy Jensen of Piper Jaffray on Tuesday, October 4. Sixty-eight investors participated. An extended Q&A session followed Andrew’s presentation, and topics of interest included:
- China 100G port volume trends for 2H16 and 2017
- Huawei’s upcoming 100G technology decisions and supplier purchasing shifts
- CFP2-ACO shipments and the component & equipment supply chain for this product
- Coherent DSP R&D developments and supplier updates
- Updates on direct-detect 100G and PAM-4 development
- Observations on Infinera, Ciena, Acacia, Inphi, and Clariphy and discussion of potential M&A activity
Following is a summary of the key takeaways, as well as a full transcript of the discussion. Cignal AI clients can also listen to an audio replay.
Register an account with your corporate email address to read the article.
Requires Free subscription