Last Updated March 16, 2023
This report is updated regularly as Gen120 (1.2/1.6Tbs) coherent trials and deployments are announced publicly.
This report tracks publicly announced terrestrial trials and network wins by vendors of Gen120+ coherent optics.
- Gen120 is defined as any coherent technology with a top baud rate of at least 120GBaud. This includes both Performance (P) and Compact (C) optics, both of which will be tracked here.
- At this time, any maximum baud rate above 120GBaud is included in this tracker. This includes the 200GBaud solution announced by Ciena.
- Only publicly announced trials and customer wins are tracked. Each point on the graphs below can be traced to a press release or other public announcement, listed at the bottom of this report for reference.
- Some trials are designed to demonstrate the maximum performance of the optics, while others are performed on real-world networks with sub-optimal characteristics (e.g. multiple ROADMs, older fiber, etc.). This tracker merely reports the data released, not the relative merits of each announcement.
- Only terrestrial wins are tracked, as submarine builds are atypical.
Clients log in to access full report