Andrew Schmitt provided key OFC 2017 takeaways during an investor call hosted by Troy Jensen of Piper Jaffray. Sixty-seven investors participated. Topics of interest included:
- Impact of Ciena’s Wavelogic AI DSP Licensing
- Outlook for Coherent Port Shipments in China During 2017
- Market Outlook for CFP2-ACO/DCO and QSFP28 Markets
- Potential Vertical Integration by Intel or InPhi
- Timing of Metro Coherent and ROADM deployment in China
- Chinese SARFT Capex Guidance
- Roadmap for 400G and 600G Coherent
- Observations on Infinera, Ciena, Acacia, Oclaro, and Neophotonics
Following is a summary of the key takeaways, as well as a full transcript of the discussion. Cignal AI clients can also listen to an audio replay.
Requires Optical Active Insight subscription.