Cignal AI has issued the 2Q21 Transport Customer Markets Report. This report tracks optical and packet transport hardware purchases across four global regions from Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government network operators. It details vendor market share and provides a forecast for equipment sales to each operator type.
Highlights this quarter:
- Optical spending by Traditional Telco operators fell for the third straight quarter as declines in APAC and NA exceeded gains in EMEA and CALA.
- Packet transport spending by Traditional Telco operators worldwide was down 10% YoY against an elevated Q2 2020.
- Cloud & Colo optical spending growth has slowed worldwide. Over the last year, North American growth stalled while the APAC market grew rapidly, but APAC growth paused this quarter.
- Following massive growth in 2020, Enterprise & Government optical spending declined slightly in 2Q21 – its first decline since 2018.
- Cable / MSO transport spending was essentially flat for both packet and optical compared to a Q2/Q3 spending bump in 2020.
Transport Customer Market Report subscribers can now download the latest Excel file and register for a Live Presentation on September 23rd, 2021. A Powerpoint file will be made available for download after the presentation is complete.
Clients log in to access full report