Cignal AI has issued the 1Q21 Transport Customer Markets Report. This report tracks optical and packet transport hardware purchases across four global regions from Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government network operators. It details vendor market share and provides a forecast for equipment sales to each operator type.
Highlights this quarter:
- Optical spending by Traditional Telco operators in North America declined sharply versus an unusually strong 1Q20. Sales of market leader Ciena dropped -30% YoY to these Incumbent and Wholesale operators, but the company maintained almost 50% market share (4 quarter average).
- Cloud & Colo optical spending growth has slowed worldwide. Over the last year, North American growth stalled while the APAC market is starting to grow rapidly. Huawei had impressive YoY growth to Cloud Operators due to this rapid expansion in APAC.
- Packet transport spending by Cloud & Colo operators worldwide grew YoY for the first time in over two years, but versus a very weak 1Q20.
- After extraordinary growth in 2020, Enterprise & Government optical spending cooled in 1Q21, and growth is expected to remain at more reasonable single-digit growth rates for the year.
- Cable / MSO transport spending was up over +15% YoY, with sales growth in both optical and packet transport equipment.
Transport Customer Market Report subscribers can now download the latest Excel file and register for a Live Presentation on June 17th, 2021.Report Info Real-time dashboard Excel PowerPoint Live Presentation
Clients log in to access full report