Cignal AI’s 2Q20 Transport Applications Report has been issued. It includes:
- 2Q20 market share results for Compact Modular and Advanced Packet-OTN switching equipment hardware
- 2Q20 coherent port shipment market share, including 100Gbps, 200Gbps, 400Gbps+, 400ZR modules and 100Gbps direct detect optics
- Adjusted hardware and coherent port forecasts for 2020-2024
- New initial forecasts for 100ZR and 400ZR+ pluggable modules
A live presentation of the report results is on September 17th. Clients can register for the presentation by following the link below. A replay and downloadable presentation file will be available afterward.Report Info Real-time dashboard Excel PowerPoint Live Presentationl
This report includes our initial forecasts of the 100ZR and 400ZR+ markets.
- Our coherent port forecast always included growth in later years for 100Gbps shipments. This projection assumed a low-cost coherent 100Gbps solution would reach the market in 2021. The previous 100Gbps forecast is now divided into fixed 100G coherent hardware and pluggable 100ZR modules to present this distinction better.
- Readers should assume that 400ZR+ does not create a new market; instead, it cannibalizes a portion of the fixed 100/200/400Gbps+ coherent market. Our initial forecast for 400ZR+ assumes the availability of both CFP2 and QSFP-DD formats, and 10% penetration of pluggable technology in metro/long-haul networks in 2024. The performance, price, and availability of 400ZR+ modules remain very fluid; expect this forecast to adjust as capabilities become clearer.
Highlights of Cignal AI’s 2Q20 Transport Applications Report include:
Clients log in to access full report