Cignal AI has issued the 1Q20 Transport Customer Markets Report. The report tracks optical and packet transport hardware shipments across four global regions to Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government customers, details vendor market share for equipment sales to each market and provides forecasts by region and customer type.
Highlights this quarter:
- North American Incumbent optical spending was up almost 50% YoY while Wholesale, Cable/MSO, and Cloud spending all declined this quarter.
- Ciena maintained worldwide Cloud & Colo optical market leadership but sales declined faster than the market as Infinera and Cisco gained share.
- Packet spending was down dramatically in all customer markets and all regions as vendors report that COVID-19 operational issues hit the segment particularly hard.
- Enterprise & Government spending was more substantial than expected this quarter.
- In April, Cignal AI adjusted the 2020 forecast to account for COVID-19 effects. The forecast for Traditional Telco and Cloud & Colo was raised in NA and EMEA while the forecast for Enterprise & Government was reduced in all areas. See the Active Insight COVID-19 Impact – 2020 Forecast Update for details.
Optical Customer Market Report subscribers can now download the latest Excel file and view a recorded version of the Live Presentation from June 23, 2020.
Clients log in to access full report