Modern Market Research for Networking Communications
Cignal AI provides active and insightful market research for the networking component and equipment market as well as its end customers.
Cignal AI provides reporting on Optical and Packet Transport Hardware, Applications, and Customer Markets on a quarterly and annual subscription basis. Cignal AI clients subscribed to one or more of our market reports receive Active Insight news service as a benefit, free of charge, during their subscription term.
Tracks the vendors that sell optical and/or packet transport hardware and provides detailed market share, forecasts, and vendor profile reports across 6 global regions and 8 product categories
- Nokia 2Q20 Vendor Summary ReportNokia reported rising demand from customers but a continued COVID impact on the supply chain, resulting in a down quarter in almost every region and product segment.
- ADVA 2Q20 Vendor Summary ReportADVA reported YoY growth in the second quarter but retracted guidance for the rest of the year, a narrative that will be echoed by many vendors in Q2.
- Ciena 2Q20 Vendor Summary ReportCiena expects to generate revenue growth of 2-4% in a flat (ex-China) market in 2020, implying declines YoY for optical sales in the second half of the year.
- 1Q20 Transport Hardware ReportVendors generally claimed a 5-10% reduction in sales due to COVID-19 operational issues this quarter. While demand increased, the inability to get parts, manufacture equipment, and deliver to end customers reduced sales in all areas.
Analyzes rapidly changing transport market segments that address specific functions or customer applications
- 1Q20 Transport Applications ReportPacket-OTN sales doubled in NA as carriers responded to COVID-19, and shipments of 400Gbps+ ports doubled YoY as Chinese equipment companies entered production.
- 4Q19 Transport Applications ReportCompact Modular sales growth slowed in North America in the 4th quarter, but sales growth outside of NA was exceptionally strong and total worldwide sales grew nearly 50% year-over-year.
- 3Q19 Optical Applications Report200G coherent shipments from China exceeded forecasts, worldwide shipments of 100G coherent ports will now decline until lower-cost alternatives emerge.
- 2Q19 Optical Applications ReportOver a quarter of North American compact modular sales were for long haul deployments as applications continue to expand.
Tabulates transport equipment purchased by operators representing several customer verticals
- 1Q20 Transport Customer Markets ReportNorth American Incumbent optical spending was up almost 50% YoY while Wholesale, Cable/MSO, and Cloud spending all declined this quarter.
- 4Q19 Transport Customer Markets ReportCloud & Colo optical spending growth cooled in the 4th quarter but still led growth for the year with Ciena as market share leader. North American Incumbent and Cable/MSO optical spending came back strong in the 4th quarter.
- 3Q19 Optical Customer Markets ReportCloud & Colo led growth in North America, up 45% this quarter. Ciena increased its market share to over 50% in 3Q19.
- 2Q19 Optical Customer Markets ReportIncumbent spending grew in every region, Cloud & Colo spending growth slowed, and Cable & MSO sales declined.
Cignal AI’s news service, delivering articles and analysis on important optical market events and items of interest as they occur
- 5th Gen Coherent Trials and DeploymentsCignal AI continues to track announcements of 5th generation (800Gbps-capable, 90+ GBaud) optical trials and deployments.
- Coherent Port Pricing Trends (1Q20)Our 3Q18 report showed coherent optical port pricing dropping at 26% per year. This report examines the stability of that trend over the last 12 months as new coherent systems entered the market.
- Nokia PSE-V Coherent ChipsetOverview and analysis of Nokia’s fifth generation of coherent DSPs, the PSE-Vs, and PSE-Vc.
- Acacia 1Q20 Vendor Summary ReportAcacia’s results are a bellwether to the industry. This report looks at the most recent results for the company and examines them in the context of historical trends.
Events in June–August 2020