Modern Market Research for Networking Communications
Cignal AI provides active and insightful market research for the networking component and equipment market as well as its end customers.
Cignal AI provides reporting on Optical and Packet Transport Hardware, Applications, and Customer Markets on a quarterly and annual subscription basis. Cignal AI clients subscribed to one or more of our market reports receive Active Insight news service as a benefit, free of charge, during their subscription term.
Tracks the vendors that sell optical and/or packet transport hardware and provides detailed market share, forecasts, and vendor profile reports across 6 global regions and 8 product categories
- EMEA Optical and Packet Transport Spending Bounces Back in 3Q20European operators resumed purchases of optical and packet transport hardware in 3Q20 as COVID-related supply chain and operational delays eased.
- 3Q20 Transport Hardware ReportThird quarter results were better than forecast, especially in EMEA where both optical and packet hardware spending increased. North America spending declined while China spending was flat and Japan spending growth continued unabated.
- Cisco 3Q20 Vendor Summary ReportCisco’s results and forecast this quarter were more optimistic than last quarter. Optical and packet sales slowed, but an uptick at the end of the quarter hinted at a better than expected finish for the year.
- Nokia 3Q20 Vendor Summary ReportNokia had an extraordinary Q3, with overall growth significantly higher than the market. Much of this growth came from Q2’s delayed sales.
Analyzes rapidly changing transport market segments that address specific functions or customer applications
- Coherent Pluggables to Transform Optical Transport Market by 2024Fourth-generation coherent will extend beyond 400ZR to include higher performance solutions generally referred to as 400ZR+ and lower speed 100Gbps (100ZR) targeted at the metro edge.
- 2Q20 Transport Applications ReportThis report includes our initial forecasts of the 100ZR and 400ZR+ markets.. Compact Modular sales grew much faster than the overall market this quarter as disaggregation continues to gain traction in networks outside of Cloud & Colo.
- 1Q20 Transport Applications ReportPacket-OTN sales doubled in NA as carriers responded to COVID-19, and shipments of 400Gbps+ ports doubled YoY as Chinese equipment companies entered production.
- 4Q19 Transport Applications ReportCompact Modular sales growth slowed in North America in the 4th quarter, but sales growth outside of NA was exceptionally strong and total worldwide sales grew nearly 50% year-over-year.
Tabulates transport equipment purchased by operators representing several customer verticals
- 2Q20 Transport Customer Markets ReportCloud & Colo optical spending in North America cooled while spending in APAC was unexpectedly strong this quarter.
- 1Q20 Transport Customer Markets ReportNorth American Incumbent optical spending was up almost 50% YoY while Wholesale, Cable/MSO, and Cloud spending all declined this quarter.
- 4Q19 Transport Customer Markets ReportCloud & Colo optical spending growth cooled in the 4th quarter but still led growth for the year with Ciena as market share leader. North American Incumbent and Cable/MSO optical spending came back strong in the 4th quarter.
- 3Q19 Optical Customer Markets ReportCloud & Colo led growth in North America, up 45% this quarter. Ciena increased its market share to over 50% in 3Q19.
Cignal AI’s news service, delivering articles and analysis on important optical market events and items of interest as they occur
- 5th Gen Coherent Trials and DeploymentsCignal AI continues to track announcements of 5th generation (800Gbps-capable, 90+ GBaud) optical trials and deployments.
- Webinar – Open Optical NetworkingExplore a New Era of open Transport Networking. Hear Infinera & Telefonica’s Perspective on defining and delivering open optical networking.
- 5G Optimized Packet Transport for Mobile FronthaulThe diverse requirements of 5G require both the radios and the network supporting the radios to be updated. This report covers advances in 5G packet fronthaul and includes an overview of existing vendor solutions.
- Coherent Port Pricing Trends (1Q20)Our 3Q18 report showed coherent optical port pricing dropping at 26% per year. This report examines the stability of that trend over the last 12 months as new coherent systems entered the market.