ECOC is one of the most significant conferences in optical networking worldwide. This year’s conference was held in Gothenburg, Sweden, and the event was well attended by the engineering community, as the conference trends heavy on technology and light on marketing. We at Cignal AI like ECOC because it gives us another opportunity to converse with the folks directly responsible for charting the technical roadmap of upcoming optical systems.
In this first of several ECOC briefs, we share some of our findings on the changing trends in coherent optics. Subsequent briefs will explore China and client optics.
- CFP2-ACO Outlook – The ACO market is going away; what this means
- Silicon Photonics – Searching for the killer app
- Inphi ColorZ – Moving downmarket to grow volume
- 400G ZR – Examining investment risk and rewards
- Acacia CFP2-DCO – Market Feedback
Requires Optical Active Insight subscription