|Summary||This report tracks optical equipment spending and port shipments for specific types of equipment designed to meet the needs of a specific application. We collect shipment information and guidance from equipment companies as well as the supply chain each quarter, and estimate each companies shipments in each of the defined categories. Forecasts are based on expected spending and shipment trends for given applications on a regional basis|
|Methodology||We classify some of the vendor revenue and ports shipped tracked in the Optical Hardware report according to the systems named in our vendor table. Companies may provide public guidance but in some cases we make estimates based on external sources, such as consumption of components from the supply chain|
|Market Size and Share||Report includes revenue based market size and share for DCI and Advanced Optical Switching applications, and detailed port based market size and vendor market share for 100G shipments.|
|Deliverables||Excel file with complete data set, PowerPoint summary, and Optical Equipment Active Insight, including a detailed summary of market performance for the report period.|
|Forecast||5 Years with annual market size totals. No market share forecasts.|
|Historical Start Date||2014|
|Companies Included||Acacia, Adtran, ADVA, Ciena, Cisco, Coriant, Cyan, ECI, Ekinops, Fiberhome, Fujitsu, Huawei, Infinera, Juniper, NEC, Nokia, NTT Electronics, Padtec, TE Conn, Transmode, Xtera, ZTE, Inphi|
|Last Published Report||2H16: April 30, 2017|
|Upcoming Publication Dates||1H17: October 31, 2017|
2H17: April 30, 2018
1H18: October 31, 2018
2H18: April 30, 2019
|Category Name||Description||Regional Detail||Sub-Category Detail|
|Datacenter Interconnect||Hardware and common equipment designed specifically for DCI applications; includes hardware sourced from contract manufacturers (whitebox); includes common equipment sold in unbundled format for open line systems.||NA, EMEA, CALA, APAC||NONE
|Advanced Optical Switching||Optical hardware configured with a centralized OTN switch fabric; may also include layer-2 switching functions; includes distributed switching architectures that can support 2+ cards; does not include line-card muxponders.||NA, EMEA, CALA, APAC||NONE
|100G+ Ports by Vendor||Shipments of 100G+ coherent and non-coherent ports by vendor with quarterly granularity; used to calculate vendor 100G+ market share.||Worldwide||100G+
|100G+ Ports by Reach||Actual and forecasted shipments of 100G+ capacity by reach; measured in 100G equivalents to account for 200G and 400G cohernet port shipments. Classified as Edge (<100km), Metro (<600km), and Long Haul (>600km)||Worldwide||Edge 100G
Long Haul 100G
|100G+ Ports by Hardware Type||Actual and forecasted shipments of physical 100G+ ports by reach and technology type; Classified as Edge (<100km), Metro (<600km), and Long Haul (>600km); Edge breaks out both coherent & non-coherent volume, and Metro breaks out both 100G and 200G+ port shipments||Worldwide||Edge Direct Detect
Edge Coherent 100G+
Metro Coherent 100G
Metro Coherent 200G+
Long Haul Coherent 100G
- Adjusted estimates of Chinese 100G domestic and international demand for Huawei. Updated DCI table with new vendors and photos.
- Initial release for 2H16. Full CY16 results. Significantly increased DCI Hardware forecast. Adjusted 100G Coherent forecast. All forecasts extended to 2021.
- Initial Release
- Updated Advanced Switching definition. Corrected description of 100G port market share.
- Initial release.
- Updated 1H16 release with market share and up to date forecasts. Revised 2016 100G ports slightly upward based on feedback from component vendors. Increased mix of 200G ports in 2017.
- Full release with 1H16 market share and up to date forecasts.
- Initial Release
- OFC 2017 – Compact DCI Equipment (4/14/2017)
- 2H16 Optical Applications Report (4/10/2017)
- 1H16 Optical Applications Updated (1/18/2017)
- 1H16 Optical Hardware Applications (9/15/2016)
- 2H15 Optical Hardware Applications (7/12/2016)
|Fujitsu||1Finity (T-Series, L-series)