This report includes:
- Revenue market share results for companies selling Telecom, Datacom, Industrial, and Consumer optical components.
- Detailed component unit shipments, including coherent and direct detect Telecom modules and 400/800 GbE Datacom modules.
- Forecasts for revenue and component unit shipments for 2023-2027.
A detailed listing of the product categories and companies tracked can be found on the Optical Components report page. The report will continue to evolve and cover additional telecom and datacom components, including additional datacenter optics, passive components, lasers, and more..
On December 20, 2023, at 11AM EST Cignal AI will give a live presentation of the Optical Components Report. Clients may register to attend by following the link below. A replay and downloadable presentation file will be available after the event.
Summary and Highlights
Optical Component Revenue and Market Share Highlights
- Coherent moved lower in both Datacom and Telecom on the Revenue Leaderboard this quarter due to a sharp drop in revenue. See the Coherent 3Q23 Vendor Summary Report for details.
- Datacom optical component revenue increased 14% from last quarter due to 800GbE shipments starting to ramp but was down ‑3% YoY as revenues recover from a very slow first half of the year.
- Telecom optical component revenue continued to decline this quarter, down
-31% YoY following last quarter’s -20% decline.
- Consumer optical component revenue was down -38% for the companies tracked by Cignal AI, but this does not include revenue from recent entrant Sony.
- Industrial optical component revenue declined -12% YoY for the quarter.
Clients log in to access full report