This report includes:
- Revenue market share results for companies selling Telecom, Datacom, Industrial, and Consumer optical components.
- Detailed component unit shipments, including coherent and direct detect Telecom modules and 400GbE Datacom modules.
- Forecasts for revenue and component unit shipments for 2022-2026.
Future versions of the Optical Components Report will cover additional telecom and datacom components, including additional datacenter optics, passive components, lasers, and more.
On January 12, 2022, at 11AM EST Cignal AI will give a live presentation of the Optical Components Report. Clients may register to attend by following the link below. A replay and downloadable presentation file will be available after the event.
Summary and Highlights
Leaderboard updated January 23, 2023, based on revised analysis of Coherent’s Telecom/Datacom revenue split.
Optical Component Revenue and Market Share Highlights
- Datacom optical component revenues recovered from two quarters of QoQ declines to post strong gains in Q3.
- Following a disappointing Q2 due to supply chain pressures, Telecom optical component revenue grew +6% YoY.
- Coherent (formerly II-VI) was the primary beneficiary of gains in Consumer revenue, which moved from less than 1/3 of sales in 3Q21 to more than 2/3 of sales this quarter.
- Industrial revenue declines at Lumentum and the newly combined Coherent offset gains at Emcore.
Clients log in to access full report