Cignal AI’s 3Q22 Transport Applications Report has been issued. It includes:
- Shipments of line systems by ROADM size and spectrum.
- Market Share Results for Compact Modular and Advanced Packet-OTN switching equipment hardware.
- 100Gbps+ DWDM Port Shipment Market Share for equipment vendors, including fixed coherent modules (100Gbps, 200Gbps, 400Gbps+, 800Gbps+), pluggable coherent modules (100ZR, 400ZRx), and 100Gbps direct detect optics.
At 12 PM EST on December 15th, 2022, Cignal AI will give a live presentation of the report results. Clients can register to attend by following the link below. A replay and downloadable presentation file will be available after the event.
Highlights from 3Q22 Transport Applications Report:
- ROADM line card shipments were up 2% from a year earlier despite a -4% revenue decline in the optical market, primarily due to constrained coherent interface shipments. L-band ROADM shipments declined slightly due to Japan’s slowdown in optical hardware spending.
- Compact Modular sales significantly outperformed the overall optical market this quarter and were up +23% YoY worldwide. Line systems now represent a material portion of Compact Modular revenue.
- 28% of all ports shipped this quarter were pluggable 400Gbps modules (Gen60C), which are tracking to reach a forecast of more than 200k ports in 2022. Nearly a third of all coherent ports are now shipped directly from component manufacturers directly to service providers.
Clients log in to access full report