Cignal AI has updated forecasts for coherent ports in the Transport Applications Report, starting with forecasts for 2022. This update is available now in the Real-time Excel download and will be included in the 1Q22 Transport Applications Report.
The changes to the report include:
- Added forecasts of 800ZRx (Gen120C) port shipments starting in 2023. These ports were previously included in the 400ZRx forecast.
- Added forecasts of 1.2Tbps (Gen120P) port shipments starting in 2023. These ports were previously included in the 800G+ (Gen90P) forecast.
- Updated forecasts of 400G+ (Gen60P) and 200G (Gen30) to better account for China’s migration from Gen30 to Gen60 at 200Gbps.
- Revised forecasts of 100G (Gen30) to include a more realistic decline over time in later years.
- Discontinued Edge/Metro/Long Haul segment reporting. As flexible multi-haul optics that can be deployed throughout the network have become the norm, this segment reporting is no longer significant.
Clients log in to access full report