Cignal AI has issued the 4Q19 Transport Customer Markets Report. The report tracks optical and packet transport hardware shipments across four global regions to Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government customers, details vendor market share for equipment sales to each market and provides forecasts by region and customer type.
Highlights this quarter:
- Cloud & Colo optical spending growth cooled in the 4th quarter but still led growth for the year.
- Ciena’s optical market share of Cloud & Colo flattened close to 50% worldwide.
- North American Incumbent and Cable/MSO optical spending came back strong in the 4th quarter, ending the year with growth.
- Worldwide Incumbent and Enterprise & Government packet transport sales were up slightly for the year. All other customer segments purchased less packet transport equipment in 2019.
- Cisco led the worldwide Cloud & Colo packet market in 2019, controlled by three companies (Cisco, Juniper, and Huawei).
- Huawei leads the Traditional Telco (Incumbent + Wholesale) market in both packet and optical transport in every region but NA. In NA, Ciena leads in optical and Cisco leads in packet, each controlling about half of their respective segment.
Optical Customer Market Report subscribers can now download the latest Excel file and register for a Live Presentation on April 16, 2020.
Clients log in to access full report