Cignal AI has issued the 1Q19 Optical Customer Markets Report. The report examines optical shipments across four global regions to Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government customers, details vendor market share for equipment sales to each market, and provides forecasts by region and customer type.
Customer Market Report updates this quarter include:
- New this quarter, vendor market share data for all markets is available. In past versions, market share was only provided for the Cloud & Colo market. Beginning in 1Q19, market share data is available for all markets. Default markets shown are Cloud & Colo and Traditional Telco (Incumbent + Wholesale).
- Introducing the Optical Customer Markets Superdashboard. The interactive on-line Superdashboard, previously available only for the Optical Hardware Report, is now available for the Optical Customer Markets report as well. Customers can manipulate the controls to get exactly the information that they need. Please try it out and let us know your feedback.
Highlights this quarter:
- Cloud & Colo continues to lead optical spending growth. Significant growth in North America outweighed declines in other regions.
- Strong Incumbent spending in EMEA and APAC offset continued declines in North America. APAC incumbent spending continues to dominate the market as North American incumbents invest in access and wireless over optical.
- APAC growth moderating due to large numbers. High growth rates were unsustainable as total spending reaches record levels.
Cignal AI Customer Market Report subscribers can now download the latest Excel file and PowerPoint summary. A video replay of the Optical Customer Markets Live Presentation (July 11th) is also available for viewing and download.Report Details Excel Powerpointl Live Presentationl
Clients log in to access full report