Cignal AI has issued the 3Q18 Optical Customer Markets Report. The report examines optical shipments to five end customer types across four global regions, tracks shipments to Incumbent, Wholesale, Cloud & Colo, Cable MSO & Broadband, Enterprise & Government customers, details vendor market share for equipment sales to Cloud and Colo customers, and provides forecasts by region and customer type.
Customer Market Report updates this quarter include:
- Added 3Q18 optical sales for the five tracked verticals and vendor market share for cloud and colo, allowing clients to see total and relative purchases by customer market and benchmark vendors in the dynamic cloud and colo market.
- Several new charts, including rolling 4Q YoY change data to better visualize the dynamics of the customer markets in each region.
- Updated Customer Markets forecasts for 2018 through 2022 based on updated analysis of current trends.
Highlights this quarter:
- Record cloud and colo spending continued into Q3 and represented over 10% of worldwide spending.
- Incumbent spending recovered completely as ZTE re-entered the market; APAC incumbent spending is more than 1/3 of all optical spend worldwide.
- Wholesale operator spending continues to decline as the market consolidates and Cloud and Colo operators build their own networks.
Cignal AI Customer Market Report subscribers can download the latest Excel and PowerPoint files.
Clients log in to access full report