The 4Q17 edition of the Optical Hardware Applications report has been released. The report contains details on the following areas:
- Compact Modular hardware market share and forecasts
- 100G+ coherent port shipments & vendor market share
- 100G, 200G, and 400G+ coherent, 400G ZR and direct detect port shipments and forecast
- Advanced Packet-OTN Switching market share and forecasts
This release has significant updates and enhancements:
- Updates to the 400G port shipment methodology, simplifying the categorization of ports. Physical port shipments are no longer defined by reach. All 100G, 200G, and 400G+ coherent port shipments are counted, as well as direct detect and 400G ZR for edge applications.
- Added 3Q and 4Q17 market share results for Compact Modular and Advanced Packet-OTN Switching equipment hardware.
- Updated coherent port shipment market share to include Inphi ColorZ historical numbers. Despite not being a coherent solution, it does displace the use of coherent 100G and its impact should be measured.
- The Compact Modular hardware forecast was increased again. This market continues to grow at rates that outstrip the most optimistic projections.
Current subscribers can download Excel and PowerPoint files.