Cignal AI’s 2Q19 Optical Hardware Applications Report has been issued. It includes:
- 2Q19 market share results for Compact Modular and Advanced Packet-OTN switching equipment hardware.
- 100G+ port shipment numbers for the previous 12 months, including 100G, 200G, and 400G+ optics, tracked by equipment vendor.
- Adjusted hardware and coherent port forecasts for 2019-2023.
Highlights of Cignal AI’s 2Q19 Optical Applications Report include:
- Over a quarter of North American compact modular sales were for long haul deployments as applications for compact modular continue to expand.
- Compact modular sales were flat as new platform introduction is taking longer than anticipated. As a consequence, the ramp in 400Gbps+ port sales from vendors other than Ciena are also delayed.
- APAC Packet-OTN sales growth slowed due to delayed demand from Indian incumbents, but the region still represents the largest demand for P-OTN.
Clients of the report can register for the live presentation below.
Clients log in to access full report