Acacia is a transformational acquisition that can vault Cisco into a market leadership position as the world transitions to disaggregated network design and pluggable, interoperable coherent optics.
Between Cisco’s previous Luxtera acquisition for short reach optical technology, and now the addition of Acacia for long reach coherent, the company will evolve beyond just being a large distributor and reseller of optics into being a vertically integrated manufacturer as well. But there are tremendous execution risks and uncertainties in this move, and potentially enormous impact throughout the optical and switching/routing industry.
- Changes in the Component Business
- Cisco as an Optics Vendor
- Acacia Customer Revenue Detail and Trends
- Acacia Integration Strategy
- Will Cisco Sell to Competitors?
- Why Acacia Sold
- Potential Impact on Others
Clients log in to access full report