Cignal AI’s 1Q19 Optical Hardware Applications Report has been issued. It includes:
- 1Q19 market share results for Compact Modular and Advanced Packet-OTN switching equipment hardware.
- 100G+ port shipment numbers for the previous 12 months, including 100G, 200G, and 400G+ optics, tracked by equipment vendor.
- Adjusted hardware and port coherent forecasts for 2019-2023.
Highlights of Cignal AI’s 1Q19 Optical Applications Report include:
- 30% of North American optical hardware shipments are now compact modular format.
- The compact modular customer base is expanding beyond metro and DCI. The forecast in the 1Q19 report is raised to reflect this expansion.
- Almost 500k physical coherent ports have shipped in the last 12 months. Ciena has shipped nearly all of the 400G-capable ports.
- Packet-OTN growth is slowing with growth only in China and parts of APAC.
Clients can sign up for the live presentation or view a replay below.
Clients log in to access full report